3.8.08

Green Tea Chiffon Cake









May I present my well deserved applaud bake for today. Yes ! Finally! I have 'nailed' the making of chiffon cake. The green tea powder which was bought from Phoon Huat was going to expire in another 20 days time. No wastage, a reminder from Mom as always. And with all the lovely chiffons baked by Aunty Lucy, Florence, Aimei, Elyn etc, I felt it was timely for me to try baking chiffon cake again. Just do it spirit ! (Nike !)


This green tea chiffon cake receipe is borrowed from Florence's blogsite, Do what I like. I did not add the rum as the receipe called for. Otherwhich, instead of using the handwhisk to blend the egg yolk batter to the well whisked egg white, I used a big yellow and white spatula which I got for $2 at Daiso months back.


And viola, just look at the pictures! Rise, rise it did and the evenness and the spongeness and the light texture of each bite just maketh me smile. My sister stands witness to my patience and gentleness with every gentle stroke when blending the yolks and whites. And the aroma of the bake was simply lovely. More natural aeromatherapeutic than you could imagine. Most bakers will agree to that.


Theres something to look forward to every weekend, and to me, every Sunday is passion destress day, my baking day. Yumz.

2 comments:

Aimei said...

Hi Yan! COngrats! Your chiffon cake was such a success! Actually till today, I still felt that my chiffon is not perfect. There is still a little shrinkage sometimes. Nonetheless I will keep on practising! Yeah i can understand your delights! :)

Yan said...

Hi Aimei

Thank you for the compliment.
I love the lightness of chiffon cakes too.
I am still learning to perfect it too. Lets continue the baking passion.

Cheers !