25.5.08

Green Tea Chiffon Cake





I was reading the ST Lifestyle earlier on today. And there, on my favourite food pages were the glorious pages of food, food, food. And yes, chiffon cake is the selection for the day. Looks like chiffon cakes are emerging as the new HOT favourite with the many varieties to tempt every taste buds.

I was 'debating' to myself this afternoon about going to Prime Supermarket or NTUC to get the promotional priced butter for keeps in the fridge for my next bakes. Well, as the thought lingered, the rain started. With that, simply, it means, I will stay at home and bake then, I declared to Mom.

Automatically, I picked up my handwritten book filled with receipes from various sources. And it dawned upon me that my last attempt at baking a chiffon cake was last year. Seems the right time to give it a try again I reckon, being that I have improved on my skills. ( i believe so. i guess.)

I chose the green tea chiffon cake receipe from Florence. As I do not own a cake mixer, every step was hard work with my pair of hands. From creaming to mixing to whisking to blending etc. Oh, my arms ache. To add to it all, despite the rain, the air was humid. So there I was, perspiring in strain, enduring and engaging my utmost effort to whisk the egg whites till stiff peak. Phew.

Yeah, finally! A normal, well baked, decent risen look for a chiffon cake. Notwithstanding that the surface looks kinda burnt, but the texture is soft. Just look at that. I am pleased. Very pleased with myself.

Not the 'kueh' look anymore, was the comment from my sister.

Indeed, it looks like a Green Tea Chiffon Cake afterall.

No comments: