1.3.09

Green Tea Chiffon Cake






Call me a chiffon craze, I must admit. In fact, last week I had a disappointing taro chiffon cake which really dampened my weekend. Can you imagine the frustration of the egg whites not turning stiff peak despite having whisked it for at least 25mins manually ? The perspiration and the strain on the arms coupled with the heat of last Sunday added the heat of the disappointment.


Hence, this week again, another trial, another review, another attempt at green tea chiffon cake. This receipe originates from Florence's blog and its for keeps. Though Mom's not too keen into this chiffon cake, I believe it is the strong green tea powder after taste that was not to her liking. Perhaps, I should get the original Japanese macha tea powder next time. I am a green tea lover and hope to 'convert' my Mom in the process too. I hope.


Nice turnout of the chiffon cake. I had better resume trials of other bakes soon coz Mom's been nagging the other ingredients 'sitting' in the cupboard.


Stay tuned.

No comments: